Stepping Stone Horse Shows
2016 Jumping Schedule
May 27, 9:00 am @ K Colfer Sporthorses
518 W. Townline Road, Harbor Springs, MI
Contact Katie Colfer Reece at (231) 838-9386
July 1, 9:00 am @ Double Oak Farm
7765 E. Morningstar Lane, Suttons Bay, MI
Contact Anne Grant at (231) 218-3267
July 22 , 9:00 @ Rising Hope Riding Center
2787 Quick Road, Harbor Springs, MI
Contact Leah Keller at (231) 838-8498
August 19, 9:00 am @ Gemstone Farm
4237 S. Center Highway, Suttons Bay, MI
Contact Sarah Reincke at (231) 642-7445
September 30, 8:30 am SSHS MEDAL FINALS @ Northern Pines
7347 S. Stachnik Road, Maple City, MI
Contact Melissa Hirt at (231) 228-5550
Awards Banquet November, 18
On The Bit Photography
Grand Traverse Saddlery
Northern Michigan Equine
S.K Bhuyan D.V.M.
P.J. Horse Shoeing &
Paths to Independence
Hillside Feed & Supply
Derek Roelof- Farrier
F.L. Padella Company
Holly and Tom Reay
Suttons Bay, MI
Stormcloud Brewing Company
Trent Smith- Farrier
Maureen & John Wenden
Rodney & Kathy Lofquist
Northern Pines Farm
K. Colfer Sporthorses
Katie and Phil Reece
Jim, Jan, and Sarah Reincke
Double Oak Farm - Jeremy, Anne, William, Garrett, and Kenneth Grant
Blue Oxer Farm
SCHEDULE OF JUMPING CLASSES
Shows start at 9:00 a.m.
1. Walk/Trot Equitation
2. Walk/Trot Equitation
3. Walk/Trot Equitation Poles
4. Walk/Trot/Canter Equitation
5. Walk/Trot/Canter Equitation
6. Walk/Trot/Canter Equitation Poles
7. Leadline (runs at 10:00 a.m.)
8. Crossrail Hunter under saddle
9. Crossrail Equitation on the flat
10. Crossrail Hunter
11. Crossrail Hunter
12. Crossrail Equitation
13. Crossrail Equitation
14. WARM-UP (open through 42)
15. Beginner Hunter under saddle
16. Beginner Equitation on the flat
17. Beginner Hunter
18. Beginner Hunter
19. Beginner Equitation
20. SSHS Beginner Medal
21. Novice Hunter under saddle
22. Novice Equitation on the flat
23. Novice Hunter
24. Novice Hunter
25. Novice Equitation
26. SSHS Novice Medal
27. Intermediate Hunter under saddle
28. Intermediate Equitation on the flat
29. Intermediate Hunter
30. Intermediate Hunter
31. Intermediate Equitation
32. SSHS Intermediate Medal
33. Open Hunter under saddle
34. Open Equitation on the flat
35. Open Hunter
36. Open Hunter
37. Open Equitation
38. SSHS Open Medal
JUMPING DIVISION SPECIFICATIONS
CHAMPIONSHIP RIBBONS offered in the following divisions:
1. Walk/Trot 5. Novice 2’0”
2. Walk/Trot/Canter 6. Intermediate 2’3”
3. Crossrails 18” 7. Open 2’6”
4. Beginner 1’9”
~~Hunter Divisions are open to all horses and riders, however, professionals may not ride in Equitation Classes.
~~Divisions are based on height, not horse or rider abilities.
~~Please be safe and fair to yourself and others when choosing your Equitation Division.
~~Class 14 (warm-up) is an open card; a clear round (no refusals, off course, falls, etc.) will be awarded. Course will be posted. Rider/Horse combination may only enter the class one time and must be completed before you start your division. Round must be declared with the starter.
~~Soundness is to count. Extreme speed will be penalized. ~~Martingales are not allowed in flat or under saddle classes. ~~Standing martingales are the only type allowed over fences. ~~Splint boots, polo wraps, etc. are only allowed in Equitation or Medal classes.
~~Regulation snaffles and pelhams with a caveson are recommended. Judges may, at their own discretion, penalize a horse with a non- conventional type noseband or bit.
~~Ribbons will be awarded in each class and Champion and Reserve will be awarded for each division at every show.
EQUITATION DIVISION SPECIFICATIONS
• Beginner Equitation open to riders who have not shown over 2’0” at any competition.
• Novice Equitation open to riders who have not shown over 2’3” at any competition.
• Intermediate and Open Equitation I is open to rider/horse combinations who have not shown 3’ or higher at any competition.
• Beginner Medal 1’9”
• Novice Medal 2’0”
• Intermediate Medal 2’3”
• Open Medal 2’6"
• Only one rider per horse
• Medal Finals on Saturday, October 17th, 2015 will have the top eight (8) riders in each division. Riders may only enter two (2) consecutive Medal Classes. FINALS START at 8:30.
STEPPING STONE HORSE SHOWS JUMPING
RULES/REGULATIONS FOR 2015
• All shows will require a current negative Coggins Test.
• All Riders MUST wear ASTM/SEI approved helmets, with harness secured, while mounted at jumping shows.
• All Junior Riders (Riders under the age of 18), must be accompanied by an adult or trainer while at the shows and have the adult or trainer’s signature on the Junior Rider’s entry form before the Rider can school or compete.
• Each rider/horse combination may only enter two consecutive divisions in over fences classes, but are allowed in other under saddle/flat classes.
• Rider/horse combinations entered in the Walk/Trot may not ride in any other division at the same show.
• Ribbons 1st – 6th in each class.
• All division prizes are the combined points earned from over fences and under saddle/on the flat classes in your two highest consecutive divisions. Year end points will only be kept for those nominated.
• Medal classes do not count towards Champion or Reserve Champion.
• Champion and Reserve Champion ties will be broken by the under saddle or on the flat class.
• Proper show attire is suggested for the rider and required for the horse.
• NO DOGS ALLOWED!
• Judge’s decisions are final.
• Points will be awarded as follows:
Over Fences On the flat/under saddle
1st place= 10 pts 1st place= 5 pts
2nd place= 6 pts 2nd place= 3 pts
3rd place= 4 pts 3rd place= 2 pts
4th place= 2 pts 4th place= 1 pt
DIRECTIONS TO THE SHOWS
Northern Pines Farm 7347 S. Stachnik Rd, Maple City
From the intersection of M-22 and M-72 go west about 10 miles, turn right on Maple City Road (667), follow into Maple City, go straight thru blinking yellow light approximately 1.5 miles to Narlock, turn right on Narlock, go ¼ mile to Stacknik, turn right on Stachnik, barn is ¼ mile down on left.
Cody Weverstad (231) 228-5550 www.northernpinesfarm.com
K. Colfer Sporthorses 518 W. Townline Rd, Harbor Springs
From Petoskey take 31N. Turn left onto M-119 (La Senorita on the corner). Turn right onto Pleasantview road just past the airport. Go 1.5 miles down, turn left onto Quick Rd, go 3.6 miles and turn right onto State Rd, go 4 miles, turn left onto Stutsmanville Rd, go 4 miles then turn right onto West Townline Rd. The farm is 1.5 miles down on the left.
Please park in designated areas only.
Katie Colfer Reece (231) 526-2868 www.kcolfersporthorses.com
Forever Farm 15943 Fewins Road, Interlochen
Take US-31 west from Interlochen, 5 miles, turn north on Maple City Hwy. (669). 1 mile, turn right on Fewins Road, the third house on the right - follow signs for parking. 20 minutes from Traverse City.
Christy Andersen (231) 275-5311
Gemstone Farm 4237 S. Center Hwy, Suttons Bay
Take M-22 north from Traverse City turn left onto Shady Lane. Turn right onto Elm Valley, go through stop sign and farm is on your right, just past the stop. 20 minutes from Traverse City.
Sarah Reincke (231) 642-7445
Double Oak Farm 7765 E. Morningstar Lane, Suttons Bay
Take M-72 west from Traverse City to Bugai Road, at the stop light, go north on Bugai approximately 10 miles, turn right onto Maple Valley, go .3 miles, turn left on Morningstar Lane, take to end of road. Look for horse show signs.
Anne Grant (231) 218-3267
Congratulations Stepping Stone
Horse Show’s Champions of 2016:
Walk/Trot- Madey Hartley
Walk/Trot/Canter- Kayla Phend
X-Rail Hunter- Rockin Riley
X-Rail Equitation- Madison Steinhebel
Beginner Hunter- Star
Beginner Equitation- Hannah Kahle
Novice Hunter- Proudly Shining
Novice Equitation- Ayla Downer
Intermediate Hunter- Gentleman's Quarterly
Intermediate Equitation- Ayla Downer
Open Hunter- Pixie Chicks
Open Equitation- Kathy Lofquist
Grand Champion Equitation Rider-Hannah Kahle
Reserve Champion Equitation Rider- Ayla Downer
Providing a stepping stone for riders since 2003