Stepping Stone Horse Shows
2018 Dressage Schedule Stay Tuned for 2018 dates at the beginning of January!
SSHS SCHEDULE OF DRESSAGE CLASSES
All shows start promptly at 9AM
Ride times will be available during the week prior to the show, but are subject to change.
1. Intro. Test A
2. Intro. Test B
3. Intro. Test C
4. Training Level Test 1
5. Training Level Test 2
6. Training Level Test 3
7. First Level Test 1
8. First Level Test 2
9. First Level Test 3
10. Second Level Test 1
11. Second Level Test 2
12. Second Level Test 3
13. Test Of Choice**
14. Test Of Choice**
15. Test Of Choice**
**Test of Choice (TOC) may be any published, standardized test, including but not limited to: The United States Eventing Association (USEA), Western Dressage, Gaited horse associations, USDF levels above second, etc.
You may use the TOC class to ride a test a second time; however, only the scores from your rides in classes 1-12 will count towards championships and year end awards. TOC must be entered by the show closing date. No late entries will be accepted for TOC.
STEPPING STONE HORSE SHOWS
Horse Show Rules
• Ribbons (1st -6th) for each class as well as Champion and Reserve ribbons for each level will be awarded.
• Championships will be awarded at each show. They are determined by the horse and rider’s two top scores in that level.
• All ties will be broken by the collective marks.
• Judge’s decisions are final.
• Intro and Training Level Tests may be ridden in a small or standard (large) dressage ring at the show managers’ discretion.
• Horse and rider combination may only enter two consecutive levels.
Allowed ex. Intro A and Training test 3
Not allowed ex. Training test 3 and 2nd level test 1
• Dressage Show registrations must be received at least one week (seven days) before the show date.
There will be a $20 late fee for late entries. Same day adds will be taken if time allows.
Late entries will be added to end of class as available, or at end of day.
• Tests may be called by a person standing at E or B.
• No entries will be taken for Test Of Choice after the deadline.
• Test of Choice (TOC) may be any published, standardized test, including but not limited to: The United States Eventing Association (USEA), Western Dressage, Gaited horse associations, USDF levels above second, etc.
• Test of Choice rides will receive scores for all rides, but will only receive placings and ribbons in the case that there are 3 or more rides for that particular test.
• No dogs allowed (this will be strictly enforced).
• Horses must have a negative Coggins test within the year to date.
• Horses are required to wear United States Dressage Federation (USDF) approved equipment for USDF tests (Intro-2nd level).
• Horses may wear protective leg gear. (Please note this is contrary to USDF horse shows where leg protection is not allowed in the show ring)
• Horses may not be entered in more than six classes.
• Riders must wear ASTM/SEI approved helmets at all times while mounted.
• Riders under aged 18 must be accompanied by an adult while at the horse show.
• Riders are recommended to wear USDF regulated show attire, but it is not required.
Year End Points and Awards
• Year end awards will be awarded Intro, Training, 1st and 2nd Level; Champion-4th place.
• Tied riders will all receive awards.
•Scores for year end championships will be kept for all riders.
• Year end championships will be determined by averaging the horse and rider combination’s three highest scores per level throughout the show series.
• Horse and rider combinations must compete in at least two Stepping Stone Dressage Shows to be eligible for you end awards.
K. Colfer Sporthorses 518 W. Townline Rd, Harbor Springs
From Petoskey take 31N. Turn left onto M-119 (La Senorita on the corner). Turn right onto Pleasantview road just past the airport. Go 1.5 miles down, turn left onto Quick Rd, go 3.6 miles and turn right onto State Rd, go 4 miles, turn left onto Stutsmanville Rd, go 4 miles then turn right onto West Townline Rd. The farm is 1.5 miles down on the left.
Please park in designated areas only.
Katie Colfer Reece (231) 526-2868 www.kcolfersporthorses.com
Rising Hope Riding Center 2787 Quick Rd., Harbor Springs
From Petoskey take 31N. Turn left onto M-119 (La Senorita on the corner). Turn right onto Pleasantview road just past the airport. Go 1.5 miles down, turn left onto Quick Rd.
Leah Keller 231-838-8498
Cedar Creek Crossing 5307 Hodge Rd., Kingsley
From Areas North of Traverse City: Take 131 south, past Kalkaska. Continue 14.5 miles, turn right onto M186 and continue for 2.5 miles. Turn right onto M 113 and continue for 1.5 miles. Turn right onto Hodge Rd. and continue for 1.8 miles. The stone mailbox marks the farm on your right. Please note, parts of Hodge Rd. and many roads leading to the farm are unpaved.
From Traverse City: Take Garfield Rd. south. Turn left onto Voice Rd. at the Mobile Gas Station and continue 2 miles. Continue driving straight and road turns into Clark Rd for 1.5 miles. Turn left onto M 113 and follow for 3 miles. Turn left onto Hodge Rd. and continue for 1.8 miles. The stone mailbox marks the farm on your right.
Susy White (231) 633-9350
2016 Dressage Year End Results
Champion- Alissa Novak & Proudly Shining
Reserve Champion- Madeline Hodges & Napoleon
3rd- Sabryn Sczcepanski & Zasu
4th- Brecken Ketko & Sorry Charlie
5th- Jordan Montgomery & Opie
6th- Hannah Kane & Jemison
7th- Savannah Thompson & Napoleon
8th Bella Banas & Sorry Charlie
Champion- Cara Richards & Brio
Reserve Champion- Savannah Thompson & Napoleon
3rd- Alissa Novak & Applaud
4th- Hannah Kane & Jemison
5th- Jordan Montgomery & Opie
6th- Madison Smith & Leo
7th- Emma Taft & Sorry Charlie
8th Abbie Taft & Hudson
Champion- Annah Ketko & Nick Of Time
Reserve Champion- Abbie Taft & Hudson
Providing a stepping stone for riders since 2003