Stepping Stone Horse Shows
2018 Dressage Schedule May 27 @ K. Colfer Sporthorses518 W. Townline Rd. Habor Springs, MI231-838-9386 email@example.com stalls, concessions on site and nearbyNO DOGS ALLOWED June 17 @ Rising Hope Equestrian Center2787 Quick Road, Harbor Springs, MIContact Leah Keller at (231) 838-849810 stalls, concessions on site and nearby July 8 @ Cedar Creek Crossing5307 Hodge Rd. Kingsley, MIContact Susy White (231) 633-935012 stalls, concessions on sitecedarcreekcrossings.comwhitewinterllc.com August 19 @ Winter Park Ranch2727 Old Horton Bay Rd. Boyne City, MIContact Lindy (231)675-53686 stalls, concessions on site September 9 @ Black Star Farms10844 E. Revold Rd. Suttons Bay, MIContact Kari (231) 218-287310 stalls, Food available at the winery cafe.www.blackstarfarms.com October 7 @ Black Star Farms10844 E. Revold Rd. Suttons Bay, MIContact Kari (231) 218-287310 stalls, Food available at the winery cafe.www.blackstarfarms.com
SSHS SCHEDULE OF DRESSAGE CLASSES
All shows start promptly at 9AM
Ride times will be available during the week prior to the show, but are subject to change.
1. Intro. Test A
2. Intro. Test B
3. Intro. Test C
4. Training Level Test 1
5. Training Level Test 2
6. Training Level Test 3
7. First Level Test 1
8. First Level Test 2
9. First Level Test 3
10. Second Level Test 1
11. Second Level Test 2
12. Second Level Test 3
13. Dressage Seat Equitation
15. Test Of Choice**
16. Test Of Choice**
17. Test Of Choice**
**Test of Choice (TOC) may be any published, standardized test, including but not limited to: The United States Eventing Association (USEA), Western Dressage, Gaited horse associations, USDF levels above second, etc.
You may use the TOC class to ride a test a second time; however, only the scores from your rides in classes 1-12 will count towards championships and year end awards. TOC must be entered by the show closing date. No late entries will be accepted for TOC.
STEPPING STONE HORSE SHOWS
Horse Show Rules
• No dogs allowed (this will be strictly enforced).
• Ribbons (1st -6th) for each class as well as Champion and Reserve ribbons for each level will be awarded.
• Championships will be awarded at each show. They are determined by the horse and rider’s two top scores in that level.
• All ties will be broken by the collective marks.
• Judge’s decisions are final.
• Intro and Training Level Tests may be ridden in a small or standard (large) dressage ring at the show managers’ discretion.
• Horse and rider combination may only enter two consecutive levels.
Allowed ex. Intro A and Training test 3
Not allowed ex. Training test 3 and 2nd level test 1
• Dressage Show registrations must be received at least one week (seven days) before the show date.
There will be a $20 late fee for late entries. Same day adds will be taken if time allows.
Late entries will be added to end of class as available, or at end of day.
• Tests may be called by a person standing at E or B.
• No entries will be taken for Test Of Choice after the deadline.
• Test of Choice (TOC) may be any published, standardized test, including but not limited to: The United States Eventing Association (USEA), Western Dressage, Gaited horse associations, USDF levels above second, etc.
• Test of Choice rides will receive scores for all rides, but will only receive placings and ribbons in the case that there are 3 or more rides for that particular test.
• Horses must have a negative Coggins test within the year to date.
• Horses are required to wear United States Dressage Federation (USDF) approved equipment for USDF tests (Intro-2nd level).
• Horses may wear protective leg gear. (Please note this is contrary to USDF horse shows where leg protection is not allowed in the show ring)
• Horses may not be entered in more than six classes.
• Riders must wear ASTM/SEI approved helmets at all times while mounted.
• Riders under aged 18 must be accompanied by an adult while at the horse show.
• Riders are recommended to wear USDF regulated show attire, but it is not required.
Year End Points and Awards
• Year end awards will be awarded Intro, Training, 1st and 2nd Level; Champion-4th place.
• Tied riders will all receive awards.
•Scores for year end championships will be kept for all riders.
• Year end championships will be determined by averaging the horse and rider combination’s three highest scores per level throughout the show series.
• Horse and rider combinations must compete in at least two Stepping Stone Dressage Shows to be eligible for you end awards.
Black Star Farms 10844 Revold Rd, Suttons Bay
Kari (231) 218 2873
Cedar Creek Crossing 5307 Hodge Rd., Kingsley
From Areas North of Traverse City: Take 131 south, past Kalkaska. Continue 14.5 miles, turn right onto M186 and continue for 2.5 miles. Turn right onto M 113 and continue for 1.5 miles. Turn right onto Hodge Rd. and continue for 1.8 miles. The stone mailbox marks the farm on your right. Please note, parts of Hodge Rd. and many roads leading to the farm are unpaved.
From Traverse City: Take Garfield Rd. south. Turn left onto Voice Rd. at the Mobile Gas Station and continue 2 miles. Continue driving straight and road turns into Clark Rd for 1.5 miles. Turn left onto M 113 and follow for 3 miles. Turn left onto Hodge Rd. and continue for 1.8 miles. The stone mailbox marks the farm on your right.
Susy White (231) 633-9350
K. Colfer Sporthorses 518 W. Townline Rd, Harbor Springs
From Petoskey take 31N. Turn left onto M-119 (La Senorita on the corner). Turn right onto Pleasantview road just past the airport. Go 1.5 miles down, turn left onto Quick Rd, go 3.6 miles and turn right onto State Rd, go 4 miles, turn left onto Stutsmanville Rd, go 4 miles then turn right onto West Townline Rd. The farm is 1.5 miles down on the left.
Please park in designated areas only.
Katie Colfer Reece (231) 838-9386 www.kcolfersporthorses.com
Rising Hope Equestrian Center 2787 Quick Rd., Harbor Springs
From Petoskey take 31N. Turn left onto M-119 (La Senorita on the corner). Turn right onto Pleasantview road just past the airport. Go 1.5 miles down, turn left onto Quick Rd.
Leah Keller 231-838-8498
Winter Park Ranch 2727 Old Horton Bay Rd., Boyne City
Lindy Thompson 231-675-5368
Providing a stepping stone for riders since 2003